Search keywords can be single words or phrases. Amazon recommends that for the best results, you use phrases that are 2-3 words long. To determine the right search keywords for your book we suggest you think like a reader browsing for a book with your book's topic. What are your target readers searching for?
Amazon's rules for key words are designed to provide the best experience for their customers. Any of the following key words could cause your book to be rejected by Amazon:
- Reference to other authors
- Reference to books by other authors
- Reference to sales rank (i.e. 'best-selling')
- Reference to advertisements or promotions (i.e. 'free')
- Reference to anything that is unrelated to your book's content
- Using multiple search terms in one keyword (i.e "diet self help meditation" would need to be divided into separate keywords)
For more information and valuable tips on setting up your keywords, visit the BookBaby Blog.