You should include text regarding the subject of your book. Be sure to include interesting and compelling information, as the description is going to be a major selling point for your readers. You need to capture their attention and make them want to read more!
There are several limitations which our partners set:
- Short descriptions must be a minimum of 50 characters (excluding white space) and a maximum of 2000 characters (including white space).
- Long descriptions must be a minimum of 50 characters (excluding white space) and a maximum of 4000 characters (including white space).
- Because different sites process text differently you can not include any formatting, such as bold, italics, underlined, or bulleted lists.
- Please note that the following are not allowed in your description:
- Mentioning included materials that don’t exist in digital product (for example, CD, poster, and so on)
- Up-selling from the current title to a more complete version
- Misleading descriptions (for example, illustrated guides that contain no pictures)
- Misrepresenting the product (for example, metadata claims book is in English, when language is actually Japanese)
- Unusual characters which would cause delivery errors: ®, --, <, > , ¬, †, •
- Website URLs
- Pricing Info
- Contact Info (for example, email address, phone number, etc)
- Reviews or solicitation for reviews
- Reference to physical book
- Advertisements for links to competing stores/sites (for example, “You can buy my other books at the Kindle Store”)
- Excerpts from book
- Html coding