For a helpful video on how to create and use a banner link for your book through Bookshop, check out the video below:
- First, log into your BookBaby account.
- Click on “Bookshop Link Generator” under the “Book Manager” section.
- Under your book title, click on “View Links.” Here you’ll see the direct URL to your Bookshop page and all of the banner options you can embed on your personal website or blog.
- Select a banner for the HTML code.
- Click on the “Copy Code” button.
- Now go to your personal blog or website.
- Paste the banner embed code in your desired location, like a sidebar.
- Save it, and you should be good to go!
Keep in mind this embed code will NOT work on a platform like Facebook.
Instead, take your direct Bookshop URL to share on other social media channels, such as Facebook or Twitter.
Think of it in terms of a YouTube video:
- To share a YouTube video, you use the direct URL for locations, like the social platforms.
- To place a video on your website or blog, you use the embed code.
This is the same functionality as the Bookshop Link Generator.
The more places you make your book accessible, the easier it will be for customers to buy your book.