We require a .doc or .docx file for editing. That is the Microsoft Word file type.
Good news, though! You can export to the Word filetype directly from Apple Pages. [Note: These instructions are adapted from support.apple.com, where you can find more assistance with Apple Pages]
Convert a Pages document in Pages for Mac
- Open the Pages document that you want to convert.
- Choose File > Export To, then select Word
- In the window that appears, you can click Advanced Options and choose .docx as the Format [Note: this is likely the default selection, so you may not need to change anything.]
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for your file, then choose a location for the file.
- Click Export.
Convert a Pages document in Pages on iPhone or iPad
- Open the document that you want to convert, then tap the More button .
- Tap Export.
- Choose Word
- Choose how you want to send your document, like with Mail or Messages.