Before getting started, here are some important details to consider:
- The number of pages in the book should end on an even number.
- Left side pages should be even numbered and right side pages should be odd numbered.
- Blank pages in your manuscript should be included in the number of pages specified in your quote.
To add page numbers to a document:
- Double-click anywhere on the header or footer to unlock it.
- Click the Page Number command.
- Page numbering will appear.
- To edit the font, font size, and alignment of page numbers, select a page number and click the Home tab.
- When you're finished, press the Esc key.