BookBaby's Editing Services are easy to use. Simply file these steps:
1) Setup your manuscript file to these specifications:
- English language only
- File Type: Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx)
- Page Size: 8.5x11”
- Pages Margins: Set to 1” on all 4 sides left, right, top and bottom.
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12pt.
- Line Spacing: Double
Note: Not following the specifications may result in additional charges.
2) Go to the "Pricing" page on the BookBaby website here: https://www.bookbaby.com/quoter/default.aspx
3) Click on the icon that says "Manuscript Editing". Then click on the green button that says "Next" in the lower left hand side of the screen.
4) Click on the editing services icon of your choice and then click "next" again.
5) Click on the appropriate genre icon that best matches your book and then click "next" again.
6) Save your quote and login to your account.
7) Follow the instructions to upload your Microsoft Word file.
8) Follow the instructions to checkout.
9) Once your editing services project is checked out online our team will review the file and assign it to one of our professional book editors.
10) The editor will do their work based on the editing service level you selected.
11) In 8-10 or 10-12 days depending on the service level you selected you will receive an email from BookBaby letting you know that your edited files are available for download from your account.
12) Follow the instructions to login and download your files.
Important Note: Your final edited files are only available for download for 90 days. Please make sure to download and save these files to your local computer or storage drive before the 90 days expires. After the 90 days expire the files are purged from our systems and won't be available for download.
13) When you login to download your files you will see this note:
Important notes about your project:
- This page contains your edited files. Your editing project is now complete. These files will be available for download for 90 days. Please download and save these files to your computer ASAP. After 90 days the files are purged from our system and will no longer be available for download.
- There are two Word files available for download. The “Markup” file has the track changes on highlighting where the editor believes changes should be made. You can accept some, or all, of the editors changes and notes as you see fit. The “Final” manuscript file has all of the editors edits accepted. “Accepted” means that the editor’s changes have replaced your original text in places where the editor believes edits should be made.
- Need help using markup features in Word? Please refer to the Microsoft Support pages here:
- Track Changes In Word: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Track-changes-in-Word-197ba630-0f5f-4a8e-9a77-3712475e806a
- Accept Track Changes: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Accept-tracked-changes-in-Word-2016-for-Windows-B2DAC7D8-F497-4E94-81BD-D64E62EEE0E8
- Remove Track Changes and Comments: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Remove-tracked-changes-and-comments-in-Word-2016-for-Windows-7966B497-7E04-4A13-8D41-53A3FFA00C25
Please note that the industry standard accuracy rate for manuscript editing is 95%. Editors are human and imperfect. If you have a question about your edits our team will review and provide feedback or a 2nd pass if needed.