Book proofreading is the vital last step of the editing process. After your manuscript has received its professional edit, your book proofreader will perform a final review to fix any remaining mechanical and grammar issues before your book is printed and published. Proofreading is not a structural edit and instead focuses on eliminating minor errors and inconsistencies.
- Correction of misspellings, punctuation, capitalization, verb tense, and grammar issues.
- Editing time: 6 to 8 business days.
Copy editing is a basic word-by-word edit that addresses grammar, usage, and consistency issues. Your copyeditor will correct continuity issues in your story and ensure your manuscript is free of technical problems or major loose ends that’ll confuse your readers.
- Check for typographical and spelling mistakes, consistency aspects, correction of grammatical and linguistic errors, and attention to punctuations.
- A review to ensure accurate and consistent usage.
- Editing time: 6 to 8 business days